Thursday, March 28, 2013

Mojo Monday & Inspired by...

Post #3 for you today, and my last post before Monday :) Boy, I have hit the brick wall this afternoon, and don't know how I'm going to make the 8-9 hour drive after work! I guess I'll just have to play it by ear and see how far I can get... "Hotel Honda" (my lovely Honda Fit) is always a great place for a nap! :) I want to share with you the card I made for Inspired by... and Mojo Monday challenges:




First, it was my week to pick the inspiration photo. I pick this pretty little scene from a Michael's email.


I love the colours in this picture :) They were my inspiration, as well as the lovely spring feel of the photo. Here's what I created:


I was first inspired by Charissa (see her original post here) to make a card featuring geraniums made from the itty bitty shapes punch pack. I think they work really nicely here. I had to add the little group of blossoms away from the vase because some stray ink got on the card *lol* that is the most serious downfall to having a SUPER messy crafting area... ink getting places it is not supposed to be. Oh well, it worked out for me in the long run :) Here is a really odd angle of the card *lol*:


I am also entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Challenge, where the theme this week is "anything goes" (you may have picked this up from my two earlier posts *lol*


Thanks for looking and don't forget to pop over to Charissa's blog, Snippets by Design, to see how this photo inspired her!

Supplies used:
Stamps: Lacy & Lovely
Paper: Calypso Coral, Wisteria Wonder, Lucky Limeade, Whisper White, In Colour DSP Stacks
Tools: Scallop Edge Border Punch, Ornaments Framelits, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Bird Builder Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment