Sunday, March 10, 2013

An Awesome Birthday Card!

Hello again! I am super excited about this post!! It is my best friend/boyfriend's sister's birthday tomorrow (sorry if that is confusing) so I wanted to make her something special! First, here is a pic from out night out last night. We went to The Keg (a local casual fine dining restaurant) and we all got dressed up. Michelle and I looked awesome :)


Too bad the restaurant wasn't lit for photos (lol). Anyways, it was a great night full of good food and even better company! Now, onto the card:


As you can see, this is no regular sized card, it is twice the size of a normal card. Different hey? Ok, well that is nice, but it is not the best part. Drum roll please.....


Taaaa-daaa!! The inside is FULL of pop-up cupcakes! Now, this card is perfect for my friend Michelle, she likes cupcakes and bakes delicious ones! :) I found the template for this card on Stampin' T (see here original post here and the link to the PDF template). The views from all angles of this card are lovely:


Again, I am in love :) And the best part... Michelle loves the card just as much as I do! 

I am also entering this card in a couple challenges, The Friday Mashup and Color Throwdown


I chose the 20th Mashup: 


This challenge was use buttons or cupcakes, or mash them up! I chose to mash (lol). And the colour combination, awesome! I substituted so saffron for barely banana, but it still works. I just love those pastel colours, they say "spring"to me!

Thanks for looking today :)

Supplies used:
Stamps: Create a Cupcake, Memorable Moments
Paper: Crumb Cake, Pool Party, So Saffron, Calypso Coral, DSP Stacks, Sweet Shoppe DSP (ret)
Ink: Calypso Coral, Pool Party, So Saffron
Tools: Scallop Edge Border Punch, Petite Pennant Builder Punch, Cupcake Builder Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch
Accessories: Buttons (SAB), Baker's Twine, Crumb Cake Marker

9 comments:

  1. Wow, now THAT is a card! Love all the cupcakes and the wonderful detail on the outside of the card! How long did that take to make?

    Thanks for joining us for the 100th Challenge celebration at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa, thanks for your comment! The card took about 2 hours in total. The longest part was getting the pop-up portion ready to decorate. The decorating was actually pretty quick :)

      Delete
  2. Adorable! Love your colors, the pop-up (of course!), and your flag pennants. Just perfect! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup for our 100th celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome card! I am also curious how long it took you to make:) Looks fantastic! This is a winner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous birthday card for your friend! I'm so glad you could join us at the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!!! This is the cutest birthday card ever....I sooo love the pop up cupcakes on the inside...tooo cute!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karly,

    What an awesome creation! And it is always worth the time when you are making it for a bestie! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! That is a perfect card for a friend, I am sure she is going to love it. I love that you changed the dimensions of the card, it is really different. The cupcakes inside are terrific. You have done a great job on this card. Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karly,

    Your version of this great pop-up design is TOTALLY adorable! Thanks for the 'shout out' and I agree they are a little time consuming for the 'pop up portion' of the card but soooooo worth the effort!

    Cheers,
    T

    ReplyDelete