Sunday, March 24, 2013

Friday Mashup: Forgotten Tools

Good day! *Sigh* Almost the end of the weekend already... but we have a short work week ahead so that definitely makes the Monday blues a whole lot less blue! :) This morning, I did a little baking with Michelle, and we made some pretty cute little Eater Baskets from cookie dough and a few other ingredients:


They turned out pretty cute :) And, I must say, pretty tasty!! Anyways, onto today's challenge. I wanted to participate in the Friday Mashup:


The mashup was to use this sketch and your brayer and add some butterflies. I decided to use all three... the brayer is definitely my most forgotten tool, but after using it for this card, I think it may make more appearances on my craft table. My inspiration for this card came from Ann Craig (see her original card here). Here's how mine turned out:


Pretty! I used more mustard, tangerine tango, cajun craze and raspberry ripple on the sunset and then sponged on the clouds with more mustard and raspberry ripple. The sun was sponged in with more mustard. I embossed the flowers on in black after finishing with the sponging and brayering.


Thanks for looking and don't forget to bring out your brayer for this challenge! :)

Supplies used:
Stamps: Inspired by Nature (ret), Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Raspberry Ripple, Whisper White
Ink: Raspberry Ripple, More Mustard, Tangerine Tango, Cajun Craze, Versamark
Tools: Word Window Punch, Decorative Label Punch, 1-3/4" Circle Punch
Accessories: Black Embossing Powder

5 comments:

  1. Wow, both for the card and the cupcakes! Such beautiful eye candy on a Monday morning. Thanks so much for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I miss this stamp set!! Your background is gorgeous.. I love how you blended the colors. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card! Love your take on the sketch with those big bold flowers and the colours on your brayered background are gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! You created a beautiful scene with the brayer. Great take on the challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete