Friday, March 15, 2013

KCRR #9 with a Twist!

Good morning! I hope you all are as excited about Friday as I am!! :) It is a great day indeed. I will make this post short & sweet and get right to the post! It's time for anther addition of....


We decided to play along with three elements this time (that's the twist!). The selections by random.org were: large oval punch, wood grain embossing folder, and 2 colours only (neutrals are welcome). I also wanted to play along with Simon Says, a sketch challenge this week:


Hmmm... well, when I think of the wood grain embossing folder, I automatically think of a masculine card. I decided to get a hop on making a Father's Day card. I had my dad in mind when I made this... and he is a very simple man. I thought he would enjoy a simple, non-embellished card. He doesn't have much time for frills, so a card that says it all without having to read between the lines would be perfect for him!


Simple hey? I like it. I think the patterns on the Well Worn DSP work nicely together and the night of navy & soft suede colour combination is quite masculine.


I really like that Simon Says sketch and I may take another crack at it with a totally different card!

Thanks for looking! Don't forget to pop over to Charissa's blog, Snippets by Design, to see what she made with these elements!

Supplies used:
Stamps: Universal Backgrounds (CTMH), Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Well Worn DSP (ret)
Ink: Night of Navy
Tools: Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Wood Grain Embossing Folder

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Karly :-) perfectly masculine ! My Dad would love this style too ,, and my son and hubby ,,, :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Father's Day Card, I love the papers you have used

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge

    Hugs

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete