Thursday, March 21, 2013

Spring Card for Special Grandparents

Hello there! I hope your week is flying by just like mine is so far, tomorrow is already Friday! Woohoo! :) My mom left town for a couple weeks today, to the north west coast of BC. So, this means that my Saturday is scott-free! Hopefully I can get some hardcore paper-crafting done. Two quick accolades before I get to today's challenge: first, my Bloomin' Marvellous card was selected as Stampin' Royalty's Top Pick (see original post here) and second, my St Patrick's Day card was selected as "unforgettable" by Ella the Pink Elephant! (see original post here) :) How awesome!



Now, onto the challenges! Today I wanted to play along with Simon Says Stamp Challenge "Spring/Easter" and Stampin' Royalty's new challenge, an inspiration photo:


Lovely! I created a pretty Spring/Easter card for Mathew's grandparents:


Well, I really like how it turned out!! The multi-hued tulips and little bunny are so cute together :) I took the colours from the photo and interpreted them as old olive & raspberry ripple, incorporating some primrose petals for contrast. The little sentiment is from the retired set, Easter Blossoms and it fits perfectly with this card! I was so glad to discover I had a "spring" sentiment in my collection (*lol* that's how you know you have too much... I need to finish my stamp inventory/index!).


The little bunny is playing double duty from the Little Additions baby stamp set. I think it works perfectly here! :)


Thanks for looking! Don't forget to check back tomorrow for a new KCRR challenge! :)

Supplies used:
Stamps: Little Additions, Tiny Tags, Easter Blossoms (ret)
Paper: Raspberry Ripple, Primrose Petals, Old Olive, Very Vanilla, Brights Stacks, In Colour Stacks
Ink: Raspberry Ripple
Tools: Scallop Edge Border Punch, Jewelry Tag Punch, Bird Builder Punch, Scallop Circle & Circle Nestabilities
Accessories: Linen Thread, Paper Piercing Pack, Dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. Love your design, Karly, so clean and crisp! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, congratulations on your cards being chosen for the challenges! And secondly, love this card! It's gorgeous! Those colours coordinate very well together. The layout is perfect and the two-toned tulips is a great idea! I also love that little bunny on the tiny tag - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card. I love those flowers and your pretty tag. Gorgeous colours you have used.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week

    Hugs

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete