Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Mojo Monday Meets Dynamic Duos

Good morning! It's already Wednesday, which means this week is zooming by :) I had an early night last night and fell asleep pretty much right after I got home from the gym. Lucky for me, I have a very caring boyfriend who woke me up with a lovely dinner of elk smokies and Kraft dinner :) Definitely a winning combination *lol* So I didn't get to make my card last night for Mojo Monday and Dynamic Duos, but I was able to whip it up this morning before work!



Hmmm... with this colour combination, I automatically thought of making a wedding card. The soft yellow against the stark black is really quite a lovely combination. Here's how the card turned out:


The addition of the basic grey/black striped ribbon adds a touch of elegance to the card. I am glad I purchased that ribbon from the holiday mini! It was kind of a "you don't need this but can probably use it for something in the future" purchase *lol*. It worked out in the long run for me! :)


Also, I decided not to add a sentiment to this card. I figured that it can be used for a wedding or engagement occasion, or, if your bride is not all about pink and frills, a bridal shower :). Of course, a sentiment can always be added later to suit the needs of the card. One final thing beofre I wrap it up, I think this stamp from the Love & Laughter set is one of my MOST used stamps... I just LOVE the dress so much!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies used:
Stamps: Love & Laughter
Paper: So Saffron, Basic Grey, Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Tea for Two DSP
Ink: Basic Black
Tools: 1" Sqaure Punch, Itty Bitty Punch Pack, Scallop Circle & Circle Nestabilities
Accessories: Striped Ribbon, Paper Piering Pack, Pearls, Dimensionals

5 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch! I love the soft yellow for a wedding card - so pretty with the gray and black!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! great way to use those great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great job on both challenges, Karly! (I found that sketch to be tough!) Glad you could join us at Dynamic Duos this week :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous, love the sketch!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete