Monday, March 18, 2013

Bloomin' Marvellous!

Good evening! Well, we survived Monday.... it wasn't actually that bad *lol* AND I got a shipment of Stampin' Up! goodies, that automatically makes for a great day :) Today's post will be short and sweet. I am sleepy tonight! I wanted to play along with Latenight Stamper's, Stampin' Royalty (just under the wire) and play again with The Paper Players because I am smitten with this week's sketch:



The challenge for Latenight Stamper's was to use your favourite product from this year's Sale-a-Bration event. My card was inspired by a card made by my friend and fellow stamper, Charissa over at Snippets by Design (click here to see her original post):


My absolute favourite item from SAB had to be the Bloomin' Marvellous stamp set. And it's close second was the satin-like pool party (and other colours) ribbon, both items featured on this card. And don't the colours just say "1970s" to you? Now, that was well before my time, but from what I have seen on TV, these colours are from that era *lol* I snipped-out and popped-up three of the flowers to keep flow with the sketch. This view shows that better:


Thanks for looking today! :)


Supplies used:
Stamps: Bloomin' Marvellous (SAB)
Paper: Pool Party, Summer Starfruit, Very Vanilla
Ink: Pool Party, Summer Starfruit, Soft Suede
Tools: Scallop Edge Punch
Accessories: Satin Ribbon (SAB)

6 comments:

  1. Wow what a beautiful card. I love it. Thanks for playing along with us this week at LNS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, such pretty colors and what a great interpretation of the sketch! Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us at The Paper Players, Karly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these colors are gorgeous together and I love your explosion of flowers! You've really highlighted the beauty of this stamp set! Very creative take on the sketch too! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, those colors are great together! Thanks for joining the LNS challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job with this set and those colors. Very pretty. Thanks for joining us this week at LNS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bloomin Marvelous was my favourite stamp set as well. You did a great job with it. Thanks for playing with the LNS group this week.

    ReplyDelete