Thursday, March 28, 2013

KCRR & The Paper Players

Good day! And Happy Friday (well not actually, but it feels like it because it's the last day in the work week! :)) Having long weekends really speeds up the week and gives you that special something to look forward to. It is supposed to be really nice weather wise here this weekend, which of course means nothing to me because I am going to the rain capital of the world (sounds dramatic, but it is true). Prince Rupert gets something like 65 days of non-rain a year, crazy hey!? Anyways, I have decided to post all my cards for the next three days today... this way, I don't have to fight with the mobile Internet key while I am away (and I have not had success with the scheduled post function on my blog... so posting 3 times in one day it is!) :) First, I am posting our KCRR challenge (one day early) and playing along with The Paper Players:



The selections by random.org this week for KCRR were Sahara sand and nautical themed. What a perfect combination for a masculine card! And, combined with this awesome sketch, the card turned out great :)


The Open Sea stamp set is one of my favourites, and when I think of nautical, this set automatically pops into my mind. It has such a vintage old world feel to it, which I love. I distressed the Sahara sand panel and used my colour spritzer to add some extra vintage-ness to the panel and the ship.


One of my favourite things about this card is the strips of cherry cobbler. I think they add that special something to the card that makes it a winner. My other favourite thing about this card is the anchor/sentiment combination. I really like how those two just fell into place there! One thing I would change if I was to make this card again, is the very vanilla background. It needs something! Maybe some sponging or distressing... *sigh* oh well, it'll have to do :)


I am also entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Challenge this week, whose theme this week is "Anything Goes"! What a great theme :)

Thanks for looking and don't forget to pop over to Charissa's blog, Snippets by Design, to see what she created with these elements :)

Supplies used:
Stamps: The Open Sea, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand, Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Nautical Expedition DSP (ret)
Ink: Early Espresso
Tools: Scallop Edge Border Punch, Word Window Punch, Scallop Circle & Circle Nestabilities, Colour Spritzer
Accessories: Baker's Twine, Black Brads (Micheals), Sahara Sand Marker, Dimensionals

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful masculine card, Karly! This set works perfectly with this sketch. The snipped out anchor is the perfect touch! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card for a gentleman! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karly - this is a perfect example of how to use this stamp set. Love it! Your snipped anchor is just the icing on an already-delicious cake. Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karly, this is fantastic! What a perfect masculine-themed card. I love the fussy cut anchor, too. You really rocked my sketch! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific card! I love the way you used the word window punch, very clever.

    ReplyDelete