Friday, March 22, 2013

Easter Card for the In-Laws

Hello there! It has already been a great start to the weekend! My boss let me off work a whole hour and a half early, and the sun was shining when I got outside. Gorgeous! Let's hope the weekend stays this way! Today I am entering a few challenges with the Easter card I made for Matt's mom & step-dad: The Pink Elephant, Simon Says Stamp Challenge & Freshly Made Sketches. The theme for The Pink Elephant and Simon Says is Easter and Freshly Made has a nice sketch this week:


My card was inspired by a card on Splitcoast Stampers (see the original post here), a beautiful Easter daffodil:


I like the way it turned out, although it wasn't exactly how I pictured... I ended up rotating the flower from the bottom left corner to the bottom right and flipped the sentiment too. It still has the same feel to it as the sketch :) My favourite part of the card is most definitely the focal point, the daffodil with the hand cut grass shoots:


One thing I was not too pleased with with this card was the embossing folder... sometimes that particular folder tears the paper, which is what happened here :( oh well, it still turned out ok :)


Thanks for looking!

Supplies used:
Stamps: Easter Blossoms (ret)
Paper: Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzaz (ret), Whisper White
Tools: Finishing Touches Edgelits, Elegant Lines Embossing Folder, Blossom Builder Punch
Accessories: Pleated Satin Ribbon (ret), Button (ret), Linen Thread

5 comments:

  1. This is a pretty Easter card. I love the strips of grass and the pretty ruffled ribbon. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant!
    Sheri-TPE DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so, so pretty! Love that flower!! So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous flower. This came out wonderful...I love the dimension. Thank you for playing along with the Easter/Spring Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete