Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Three Challenges in One! Part 1

Hello there! I hope you all had a great weekend! I sure did. It was sunny all weekend! Which is strange because I was in the rain capital of the world *lol* I spent the weekend shopping and playing games with the family. We had a few successful Scrabble games (which I won all of :) hehe) I also brought our old, old family dog along for the car ride. She is a 15 year old Bouvier cross and she just adores car rides!




Before I get to today's challenges, I want to thank a couple challenge blogs for selecting my cards as ones among their favourites. First, my masculine nautical birthday card was picked by Brian King (one of my absolute favourite bloggers) as his top pick for the Paper Players :) And, my lovely retirement card was selected as a "gamete" by the Friday Mashup! How very exciting and I thank everyone who looks at my blog :)


Now onto the challenges! There have been so many great challenges last week & early this week, so making seamless combinations of the challenges has been a snap. Today, I decided to combine the Friday Mashup, the Paper Players, and Mojo Monday:




  1. Create a project using "Lined paper (Notebook, Graph, Spreadsheet etc.)".
  2. Create a project that has a "Distressed appearance".
  3. Or Mash it Up and create a project with "Lined paper that's Distressed looking".

You would have to agree that these challenges are all great and, I think, work well together! :) I chose bottom row of the Paper Player's tic-tac-toe: ribbon, mother's day, and pink & green. I also chose to "mash up" the Friday Mashup and here's what I came up with:


I distressed the, excuse my language, poop out of this card! Every element is either sponged and/or distressed with my paper snips and the ribbon was scrunched into a tiny ball to achieve that nice crinkled effect. Unfortunately, the nice mother's day sentiment from Delightful Dozen does not fit in the large oval punch, so I had to improvise with a hand-cut banner... I think it worked out :)


Thanks for looking and be sure to check back tomorrow for Part 2 of combining three challenges! :)


Supplies used:
Stamps: Delightful Dozen, Elements of Style
Paper: Pear Pizzazz (ret), Primrose Petals, Crumb Cake, In Colour Stacks, Just Add Cake DSP (ret), Whisper White
Ink: Primrose Petals, Crumb Cake, Pear Pizzazz (ret)
Tools: Scallop Oval Punch, Corner Rounder (CTMH), Scallop Circle & Circle Nestabilities 
Accessories: Seam Binding Ribbon (ret), Dimensionals, Sponge, Paper Snips

6 comments:

  1. So elegant and soft! Love it! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card! I love the stamping on lined paper and your bow is just beautiful! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card! This is perfect for Mother's day! I love the design. Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful creation...I love the little banner and alllllll your distressing! I love distressing! A great way to combine those challenges...you nailed them all! So glad you shared this with us at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fab card ... love the mix of elements

    Thanks for joining us at the paper players this week
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice card! I love the way you stamped your pieces! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge!

    ReplyDelete