Friday, March 22, 2013

KCRR #10: Anniversary Celebrations

Good morning & happy Friday! Here's hoping today zooms right by to the plan-free weekend ahead! It's time for another edition of:


This week, we did our usual two selections, and random.org generated the combination of rose red and the stamp set PS-I Love You. Hmmm! Interesting... Well, since it is not Valentine's season, the other logical use of the stamp set is for an anniversary! Here's what I made:


I love it! The extra special thing about this card is it is free-hand, meaning I didn't use a sketch *lol* I almost always use a sketch for the base of my card. I had stared out just with sponging the base of the card, but decided the addition of the elegant lines would add some class. Finally, I used the hearts a flutter framelits (out of season, but they work here). And two other rarely seen items came out of the woodworks for this card too: the resin roses (purchased from clearance a looooong time ago) and trinket keys (also from clearance). Here's a close-up of the details, giving my best shot at a vintage-y look:


Now just to wait for an anniversary! *lol*


Thanks for stopping by today and don't forget to hop over to Charissa's blog, Snippets by Design, to see what she made with these two elements!

Supplies used:
Stamps: PS-I Love You (ret), Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Lucky Limeade, More Amour DSP
Ink: Rose Red
Tools: Hearts a Flutter Framelits, Word Window Punch, Bird Builder Punch, Elegant Lines Embossing Folder
Accessories: Rose Ribbon, Resin Roses (ret), Trinket Keys (ret), Linen Thread, Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment