Saturday, March 16, 2013

Inspired By... Challenge #9

Good morning! Yay Saturday, the highlight of the week :) Today, mom and & I are shopping (as usual)... nothing too exciting on my list for today, just groceries and stuff for tonight. We are hosting the UFC fights and every one's favourite fighter is in the main card, Georges St Pierre! Exciting :) Anywho, we are making homemade pizzas and seven layer dip (I intend on making the seven layer dip, but if we run out of time like usual, I will just buy Save-Ons, soooo yummy!!) Well then, onto the challenge for today! It's a delightful version of...

This week was my pick:


Oooooh aaaah! I saw this picture on Facebook around Christmas time and cheekily texted it to my mom indicating this is what I would like for Christmas... haha! I was just joking of course! The bright colours and shopping related theme to the picture inspired me to make this:


I love it! Again, this card brings out some of the things I haven't used in a long time / things I barely ever use: the bitty banners and the Keep Calm stamp set! I really like the combination. To make this card fit even better into the shopping theme, I made this inside of the card into a gift card holder :) (the second photo there shows the boyfriends debit as the gift card... hehe all the better for shopping!)

 

Remember: keep calm & shop on! And have a great weekend!! :)


Don't forget to pop over to Charissa's blog, Snippets by Design, to see how this photo inspired her!

Supplies used:
Stamps: Carry On, Fashionista (CTMH)
Paper: Island Indigo, Very Vanilla, Summer Starfruit, Basic Grey, In Colour Stacks
Ink: Island Indigo, Versamark
Tools: Eyelet Border Punch, Corner Rounder, Bitty Banners Framelits
Accessories: Baker's Twine, Tempting Turquoise Embossing Powder

No comments:

Post a Comment