Friday, March 1, 2013

KCRR Challenge #7: Two Stamp Sets

Good morning! It is FINALLY Friday! Woohoo!! It has been a long week with some ups and downs and I am more than looking forward to the weekend :) It's time again for...


Woot woot! This week's selections were pretty good, both of them being stamps/stamp sets: Elements of Style & French Filigree. Hmmmmmmm... interesting... I wanted to incorporate my stamp from Elements of Style in a creative way. This is what I came up with:


I like it! The butterflies are so pretty. I embossed in white the big flower from Elements of Style and used a blender pen to colour in the flowers and leaves. Then I randomly punched out butterflies from that image. I like the randomness of the butterflies and how no two of them have the same pattern (just like a butterfly :) )


Now, the French Filigree was another story... I stamped the slim strip of paper on the bottom of the card with that stamp to add some dimension to the card. Overall, I think I would like the card better if the strip was a solid colour, but it still works with the French Filigree stamp too :) Don't forget to pop over to Charissa's blog, Snippets by Design, to see what she made with these two elements!

Supplies used:
Stamps: Elements of Style, French Filigree, Butterfly Prints (ret)
Paper: Very Vanilla
Ink: Regal Rose, Lucky Limeade
Tools: Elegant Butterfly Punch, Tulip Frame Embossing Folder
Accessories: Everyday Enchantment Ribbon (SAB 2012), Pearls


1 comment:

  1. Creative! Love that you embossed the flowers in white! And the pearls add a nice touch :)

    ReplyDelete