Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Play Date Cafe Meets The Paper Players

Hello there! I hope your weekend was a good as mine :) Yesterday was great, with the usual shopping in the morning and then mom and I made pizza crusts by hand to feed Matt's and mine friends and family during the UFC fights. It was a great night full of friends and family :) Prior to our guests showing up, we had a game of cards:


I just love this picture! Beefy is so cute :) (mom was sitting there, but as soon as she got up to take the picture, Beefy hopped onto the chair). Anyways, we never got to finish the game as our guests started showing up... it was fun none-the-less! :) Today was great as well! Matt and I cleaned the apartment and did some shopping and basically had a home day. It is so nice to have one of those every once in a while!

Before I get to today's challenges, I want to share some of my cards that have been recently recognized (insert woohoo here!). First, the awesome birthday card I made for my bestie Michelle (see original post here) was recognized as a "glamette" in the Friday Mashup and as an "eye-catcher" in the Color Throwdown. YAY! How exciting!


AND, to top off this excellent weekend, my clean and simple hello card (see original post here) was chosen as a Stampin' Royalty Goddess! Again, how exciting!! I really appreciate all of the recognition!


Anyways, on with the challenges! Today I wanted to play along with The Play Date Cafe and The Paper Players:


Cute sketch and great colours! Wouldn't you agree? I am keeping up with my mom's request for "Hello" cards and I made this:


I like it! White space is really starting to become a big player on my cards. Before, even the though of white space on my cards made my mine spin, but now, it's almost always the first thing that pops into my design plans. Strange, the evolution of a card-maker's thought process, isn't it? *lol* Anyways, the pop of colour with the calypso coral is so nice. I originally hadn't planned on colouring the flowers, but I am glad I did.


I also enjoy the white on white border on the top of this card. And that ribbon is from last year's Sale-A-Bration event (sadly, this year's event comes to an end at the end of the week). And there are two scored lines near the border, which are kind of hard to see in the photo, but look super cute in real life :)


Thanks for looking and I hope you have a fantastic Monday! :)

Supplies used:
Stamps: Blooming with Kindness, Lacey & Lovely
Paper: Whisper White, Calypso Coral
Ink: Calypso Coral, Jet Black Stazon
Tools: Eyelet Border Punch, Scoring Board
Accessories: SAB 2012 Ribbon (ret)

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on all your recent recognition, Karly! You must be on a roll, this card is fabulous! Love the way you've colored the flowers and how the flower is stamped differently in each square...genius! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your white space, Karly! Your card is so beautiful. Love the scalloped border at the top and that pretty ribbon. Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you combined the color and sketch challenge and also love the fact that you kept the scalloped border at the top white. It adds interest without distracting. Fabulous card and I am so glad you joined the Paper Players this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really cool looking card. You really worked the color splash this week, so glad you joined us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I love how your rotated the same image on the card - this is a great layout. The subtle coloring on the flowers is the perfect way to add in a splash of coral! Thank you for playing along with this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge!

    ReplyDelete