Monday, April 22, 2013

CAS One Layer Card

Hello there! I hope you are doing well. This is going to be a quick post as its already 9:30 and Matt and I have a lot of things left to do before he leaves town for a few days tomorrow.

First, I had a few shout-outs for my cards last week:

I was a featured artisan with Paper Craft Crew with my monochromatic get well soon card:


And I was "A Cut Above" with the Paper Players and my CAS butterfly card:



Now, onto the challenges! I wanted to play along with a few challenges that I thought worked well together, The Paper Players, The Play Date Cafe, and Addicted to CAS:



Hmmm... Now, I had never made a one layer card before, so this was kind of an experiment. I thought flowers would be a good place to start, and the colours from the Cafe were great for flowers, so the pieces naturally fell together into this:


It's a cute little card, I think. The sentiment and flower stamp are a few stamps that I bought from a lady who was selling all her crafting supplies, so I am not even sure which sets they are from, but I like them none-the-less.


I added the double sets of scored lines and the rounded corners for extra details on this super CAS card :)


Thanks for looking!

Supplies used:
Stamps: Flower and Sentiment (ret - unknown sets)
Paper: Whisper White
Ink: Basic Grey
Tools: Scoring Board, Corner Rounder (CTMH)
Accessories: Melon Mambo & Daffodil Delight Markers

4 comments:

  1. oooo, this is so pretty. Love those score lines! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karly, your one layer card is gorgeous. the scoring and rounded corners really help to frame the beautiful image you created. Gorgeous coloring, too. You really showcased how interesting and detailed a one layer card can be. So glad you joined the Paper Players this week and thank you for rocking my challenge
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever card--I love your layout and how the scored lines frame the stamping. Gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, Karly! Love the scoring, the beautifully colored flowers, and the great sentiment. Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete