Thursday, April 25, 2013

One Layer: Experiment 2

Good morning! I hope today finds you well :) I had a nice evening. I went to my mom's for BBQ dinner - delicious hamburgers and homemade coleslaw. Yum! But on the downside, I saw the year's first mosquito buzzing around while we were playing board games after dinner - yuck! That is probably the major downfall to living outside the city, so many mosquitos! Anyways, onto today's challenges. I wanted to experiment again with making one layer cards with The Paper Players and play along with Stampin' Royalty's challenge:



This combination was perfect for me last night! I didn't get home till late and still had to make a potato salad for a staff BBQ today, so it was great to have a quick card to make. Here's how the card turned out:


*lol* I must say that this card had to grow on me... I was not the biggest fan at first. I added the marker line and paper piercing as an after thought to give the main image some definition. That plus the few little pearls around the sentiment really add an interest factor, in my opinion. I think the elegant saying from Apothecary Art fit really well here:


The emboss resist technique is one of my favourites, I think I may use it again soon! *wink* Thanks for looking today, and don't forget to stop by tomorrow for a new KCRR challenge!


Supplies used:
Stamps: Because I Care (ret), Apothecary Art
Paper: Whisper White
Ink: Summer Starfruit, Midnight Muse, Gumball Green, Versamark
Accessories: Paper Peircing Pack, Summer Starfruit Marker, White Embossing Powder, Pearls

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors Karly and I love the added pearls! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players...again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know where you live, Karly, but the mosquitos have already arrived in NY, too! My daughter got eaten up by them the other night.

    I love, love this hydrangea stamp. It's one of my all time favorites and you created with it so beautifully. The heat embossing is so pretty, and the marker line really makes it look as though there is more than one layer. Thanks for sharing your pretty creation with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! this is REALLY pretty!!! love how you did this with only 1 layer!! Beautiful work!
    Thanks for playing along with us over at Stampin' Royalty!

    ReplyDelete