Thursday, April 4, 2013

PPA & Retro Sketches for Baby Boy

Hello there! I just got home from an exhausting session of kickboxing, but I feel great! I have a feeling this activity will be a long term one... when an exercise session that's an hour long feels like 20 minutes, you know you have a winner :) Anyways, I have a couple more cards to make tonight, and it is already 10:30, yikes! Oh well, a late night on a Friday eve is not the worst thing :) Now onto the challenges! I wanted to play along with Retro Sketches (after seeing all the amazing cards entered in this challenge, I just had to play along) and with Pals Paper Arts, who had a appealing colour combination that screamed a certain theme to me:



I thought these colours were absolutely PERFECT for a baby boy card. I don't have certainly celery, so I used pear pizzazz (which we learned today is returning to the Stampin' Up! colour line-up). Here's what came out of these combined challenges:


I think it is adorable! Not too much, but not too plain :) I picked up the Little Additions stamp set a while back when Stampin' Up! had a rare stamp sale, and I am so glad I did. It is such a perfect little stamp set. I added a pear pizzazz button and some linen thread to finish the look:


Thanks for looking and remember to check back tomorrow for our new KCRR challenge!


Supplies used:
Stamp Sets: Little Additions, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Bashful Blue, Pear Pizzazz (ret), Whisper White, Polka Dots DSP, Nursery Nest DSP
Ink: Marina Mist, Pear Pizzazz (ret)
Tools: Small Heart Punch, Polka Dots Embossing Folder
Accessories: Linen Thread, Button, Dimensionals

4 comments:

  1. Way cute and lovely sketch! Thanks for joining us at Pals Paper Arts! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This card is perfection! I can tell that a lot of thought went into the execution of this card and it is absolutely fantastic! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of the bits and pieces, it's a great baby card. Thanks for having fun with the PPA this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous use of colors as well as a perfect balance of elements! congrats on being a PPA Pick

    ReplyDelete