Thursday, April 18, 2013

Color Throwdown & Paper Craft Crew: Grateful

Good morning! Well, nothing new and/or exciting has happened since my post at 11:30 last night *lol*, so I'll get right to the challenges! I wanted to play along with the Color Throwdown and Paper Craft Crew:


Hmm.... I thought about these challenges long and hard and I just knew they could be combined in a beautiful (coherent) fashion :) Here's how my card ended up:


I am smitten! I just received the delicate doilies in my last order (a rather large one placed during Stampin' Up's "free shipping" promotion) and I was glad to put them to use here. I love the mixed textures of the cross-hatch & fancy fan embossing folders and the pop of yellow in the bitty butterfly makes my day, better seen here:


Thanks for stopping by today and don't forget to pop in tomorrow for a new KCRR challenge! :)

Supplies used:
Stamps: Pursuit of Happiness, Memorable Moments
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Midnight Muse, Daffodil Delight
Ink: Midnight Muse
Tools: Elegant Butterfly Punch, Bitty Butterfly Punch, Hearts a Flutter Framelits, Labels Framelits, Delicate Doilies, Cross Hatch Embossing Folder, Fancy Fan Embossing Folder
Accessories: Linen Thread, Brights Brads, Dimensionals

5 comments:

  1. Oo, you did both these challenges proud! I love this sentiment! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Craft Crew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card Karly, I love all the texture and the pop of colour with your layered butterfly. Thanks for joining us for this weeks challenge at the Paper Craft Crew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karly!
    So pretty!!! The texture is amazing! Thanking you for joining the Paper Craft Crew this week!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Craft Crew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is stunning! Love the texture and colors. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Craft Crew and CONGRATULATIONS on being selected as one of our Featured Artisans for PCCCS #38! Come on over and grab the Featured Artisan blog badge.

    ReplyDelete