Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Experimenting with Colour Blocking & Less is More

Hello! I hope you are having a good week so far. Today was a slow day for me, not a lot to do at all. I strongly dislike having nothing to do at work, but soooo much I could be doing at home! It just doesn't seem worth it some days, ya know? Anyways, not much to be done about that, a girl's gotta work! :) Oh well, that's enough complaining for one day ;) onto the challenges! I wanted to play along with "Less is More" and Addicted to CAS:


The theme for "Less is More" this week is "lime and black" - a striking combination! So, today I decided to experiment with colour blocking, and with trying to achieve less-is-more. I like how the two elements went together in the end:


I left the white space in the top portion of the card (although it was hard not to add something there!) and kept the bottom right corner as the focus. I stamped the universal background from Close to My Heart in stazon, then used a plain block inked up with lucky limeade to create the colour blocks. A blossom and brad finish the look:


So, what do you think of the experiment? Thanks for looking today!


Supplies used:
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Lucky Limeade, Whisper White
Ink: Stazon Jet Black, Lucky Limeade
Tools: Blossoms Punch, Word Window Punch, Corner Rounder (CTMH)
Accessories: Brad (SAB 2012)

5 comments:

  1. This looks terrific, I really love the design and the colours work beautifully, my only comment is that the music stamp is upside down... I appreciate that it's really difficult to sort out the right way!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - you're right! I will definitely remember that for next time. And, note to self, do not give this card to a musically inclined friend :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely card-a simple design but it looks fabulous-i like the music behind the flower very much :)
    Best wishes,Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful CAS card, great idea the way you have stamped with your block. Thank you for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete