Monday, April 8, 2013

Colour Q Meets Retro Sketches: Hello!

Hello there! I hope you all enjoyed the rest of your weekend and had a quick Monday. My day zoomed by, then Matt and I walked up university hill (let's just say a long steep hill). It was such a nice day and it was great to spend some time in the sun :) I think a soak in the hot tub at the local pool will be a nice way to cap off the night :) Before I get to the challenges, the only productive thing I did yesterday, was also a delicious thing. I made Skor cookie ice cream bowls! They turned out great!


Now onto today's challenges! I wanted to play along with Colour Q, Retro Sketches, and The Pink Elephant:



The theme for The Pink Elephant this week is "use spring colours" and I think these colours are the epitome of spring! Such a beautiful combination. Then combine it with the great Retro Sketch and I think you have a real winning combination. Here's what I created with these elements:


Just a simple, spring "hello" card. I like the way it turned out :) I did a version of the "kissing technique" with blushing bride and calypso coral on the flower from blooming with kindness as a focal point. The daffodil delight adds a nice splash of sunshine.


Thanks for looking! :)


Supplies used:
Stamps: Blooming with Kindness, Lacy & Lovely
Ink: Calypso Coral, Blushing Bride (ret), Soft Suede
Paper: Calypso Coral, Whisper White, Brights Stacks
Accessories: Linen Thread, Brights Button

No comments:

Post a Comment