Sunday, April 14, 2013

Monochromatic Get Well Soon

Hello there! I hope you are having a great weekend so far! I have been battling my cold all weekend. But, in spite of having to blow my nose every 2 minutes, I have spent a lot of time organizing my crafting corner. Things are looking great! Now it's time to get crafting! I wanted to play along with Paper Craft Crew and Simon Says challenges today:


Great sketch from the Paper Craft Crew, no? The theme for Simon Says this week is "April Shower/May Flowers. Here's what I made using these elements:


I just received my Rain or Shine stamp set, and I am loving it! When combined with two of my favourite Stampin' Up colours, I think it makes for a cute little card. I wanted to give the impression of the umbrella covering the flowers, to keep away showers :)



On second thoughts, the colours might be a little muted for a "get well soon" card, but I like the card none-the-less!


Thanks for looking!

Supplies used:
Stamps: Easy Events, Rain or Shine
Paper: Island Indigo, Whisper White, Sycamore Street DSP (ret), Sweet Shop DSP (ret)
Ink: Island Indigo
Tools: Oval Nestabilities
Accessories: SAB Ribbon, Dimensionals, Pool Party Marker

4 comments:

  1. Well done Karly, love your colour combination and mix of stamps here. Thanks for joining our challenge at the Paper Craft Crew. Carolyn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the Monochromatic colors and the "peacefulness" of your card. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Craft Crew. We hope you continue to play along. ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karly, Just wanted you to know that your card is one of our Featured Artisan cards at the Paper Craft Crew for Sketch #37. It will be posted on our blog tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete