Saturday, April 13, 2013

Inspired By... & Sketch Frenzy Friday

Good morning! Well, I'll start off by saying there are perks to living in a basement suite. The main one being, when it has turned into a springtime winter wonderland outstide overnight, it is not the first thing I get to see in the morning. On the contrary, I don't know if it's sunny and beautiful outside either until I open the door *lol* Last night we got a fresh blanket of snow. Here's the view from my parent's back porch:


Trust me, yesterday afternoon, those trees were clear of snow! *sigh* When will spring actually arrive? At this rate, it feels like never... On to happier things! Saturday means a new Inspired by... challenge!



This week was my pick, a brightly coloured ottoman I saw in a gallery during my recent trip to Prince Rupert, BC:


What I drew from this photo was the colours, the flowers, and the vine-like pattern. Here's what I came up with:


So many fun colours! I like it :) I thought the vine stamp from Elements of Style would mimic the vine-like image on the ottoman. Lucky Limeade coordinates perfectly as well!


I got this fun layout from Sketch Frenzy Friday:


I sponged the edges of my tag to give it some definition, as well as the main layer of white card stock. The smallest flower from the boho blossoms punch adds a fun punch of yellow to the vines. The real red banner was a bit plain for my taste, so I added three pearls coloured yellow with a sharpie:


Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to pop over to Charissa's blog, Snippets by Design, to see how this photo inspired her!

Supplies used:
Stamps: Elements of Style, Card Chatter - Birthday (CTMH)
Paper: Lucky Limeade, Daffodil Delight, Real Red, Calypso Coral, Whisper White
Ink: Lucky Limeade
Tools: Boho Blossoms Punch, Sizzex Tags Die
Accessories: Stitched Ribbon, Pearls, Yellow Sharpie

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous!! I love these bright spring colors! So fresh and fun! You did a great job with the sketch, too! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Frenzy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karly, You did an awesome job with this sketch! I took a good long time admiring your card. The images ,layers, color, the embellishments all work so well together. I could tell you paid a lot of attention to the details. Thanks for playing along with us over at Sketch Frenzy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous birthday card! I love the colorful ottoman you selected as your inspirational piece. And you did a fabulous job with my sketch over @ SFF.
    Thank you for playing along, and I hope we see more of your work, soon!

    ReplyDelete