Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Paper Craft Crew: Vintage Tea for Two

Good morning! Boy, I am sluggish this morning... hopefully today doesn't drag on! I spent a good amount of time paper crafting last night, and managed to create two awesome cards. One of them is for the Inspired By... Challenge on Saturday, and one is to play along with The Paper Craft Crew. Their sketch challenge this week was just so tempting, I had to play:


I am sure you would agree that this sketch as "potential" written all over it! I whipped out my tea for two DSP, calypso coral, lucky limeade and Tea Shoppe stamp set (basically the most perfect stamp set to go with this paper!) and got crafting! I am super happy with the results:


The vintage-y feel of this paper & stamp set compliment each other sooo nicely. Throw in those flowers, and nothing can compete! This is my first out-of-class experience with the flower trim, and I must say, why haven't I used this before?! Such a pretty & elegant accent! I sponged over the flowers with calypso coral. Then, to keep pace with the sketch, I added two little tags punched out with the jewelry tag punch and the three pearls. I just LOVE this card :) 


Thanks Paper Craft Crew for your awesome sketch! I think I'll keep this one in the archives as a "go-to!"

Thanks for looking today!

Supplies used:
Stamps: Tea Shoppe
Paper: Tea for Two DSP, Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade, Very Vanilla
Ink: Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade
Tools: Jewlry Tag Punch, Elegant Lines Embossing Folder
Accessories: Flower Trim, Ruffled Ribbons, Pearls, Sponge, Scissors for Distressing (edges of cardstock & DSP)

5 comments:

  1. Love this card - so pretty! So much detail and layers! Absolutely love what you did with the roses! And you're right, that sketch is a good one for the archives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty card! I also loved this sketch this week. It's one of my favorites. Thank you for playing along!
    Kim S

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Kudos from Victoria. Love the sponging on your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Card! Don't you just love the new Flower ribbon; love it and it looks beautiful on your card. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Craft Crew Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Card Karly, I really love your choices here. So glad you could join in with our challenge this week at the Paper Craft Crew.

    ReplyDelete