Saturday, February 2, 2013

Inspired By... #3: Hello!

Happy weekend! It's going to be a busy one for me... we are travelling to Kamloops (about 6 hours) to see Eric Church in concert! For those of you who don't know who that is, he is a country singer :) I recently started listening to country and have been successful in converting my boyfriend, Matt, to listen to it too hehe :) My sister, brother, his girlfriend, Matt & I are all going, so it will be a lot of fun! Here's hoping the roads & weather will be nice to us! Anywho... it's time for this week's Inspired By... Challenge!



The photo selection this week was mine, a pretty little violet (my mom calls them Johnny Jump-Ups) :) This little guy was poking up by the garden at my mom's place (I was doing some weeding while she was away last summer) and I couldn't help but think he was saying, "Oh Hello"


I kept that image in mind when I made this little hello note:



Originally, the card started out as a 4x4, but after I was finished, I thought there was far too much empty space at the top of the card and cut off 3/4" - making the final product a friendly 4x3-1/4. Perfect to give out as a quick hello note! The violet was created using the build a blossom punch. I trimmed each big petal to add the little dip in the middle of each petal. I like that each of the petals are not the same, as it would be in nature :) Oh, about the tea-cup... I just thought it would be the perfect image! Tea is such a friendly thing :) It was stamped and trimmed out with paper-snips.


Thanks for looking today and don't forget to pop over to Charissa's blog, Snippets by Design to see how this photo inspired her! :)

Supplies used:
Stamps: Lacy & Lovely, Tea Shoppe
Paper: Basic Grey, Concorde Crush (ret), Daffodil Delight, Gumball Green
Ink: Concorde Crush (ret)
Tools: Build a Blossom Punch, Bird Builder Punch, Crop-a-Dile (ret)

No comments:

Post a Comment