Friday, February 15, 2013

KCRR #5: Bloomin' Marvelous!


Happy Friday again! It has been a short week for (most of) us here in BC, and it has just flown by for me! We are finally setteld into our new place... I got rid of all the boxes yesterday, yay! We can finally walk around without having to step over boxes :) I have been slacking on my blog the last two weeks, but now that we are settled, I hope to get back to posting daily to different challenges. Today, it is time for another installment of...


Today, the selections picked from random.org were #23: Bloomin' Marvelous and #128: Natual Composition Specialty DSP. I was really excited for this combo and knew they would work so nicely together.  Here's how my card turned out for this week's challenge:


I love it! I think it is one of my favourites... It came together almost exactly as I though it would (lol a strange occurance in my craft room). The only thing I changed was that I had originally intended on embossing the raspberry ripple flowers in white, but then I realized that would cover far too much of the colour and leave way too much white space on the card (the enemy lol). The natural composition DSP is so pretty and I wanted to make it the co-main focus of this card, so I think the sentiment  & banners placement is perfect :)
The embossed white sentiment sure pops against the cardstock and I love the pretty little bow :) Make sure to pop over to Charissa's blog, Snippets by Design, to see what she created with these two elements!

Thanks for looking!

Supplies used:
Stamps: Bloomin' Marvelous
Paper: Natural Composition Specialty DSP, Rasperry Ripple, DSP Stacks, Orchard Harvest DSP
Accessories: White & Clear Embossing Powder, Versemark Ink, Stitched Satin Ribbon

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this one! Nicely done :) The colours and layout are perfect!

    ReplyDelete