Saturday, February 9, 2013

Inspired By... #4: Key to my Heart

Happy long weekend! I supposed we couldn't have picked a better moving day, we will have lots of time to set-up the new place :) Before all the moving chaos starts, it's time for another Inspired By... Challenge! This week it was Charissa's pick:


A creative top hat designed by Orange U Creative (find her & her other beautiful designs on Facebook). I really played into the vintage-y feel to this card and brought the elements of stripes, red & the key into my card:


Of course, the card did not turn out exactly how I pictured it in my mind, but I still like the end result. The sentiment is a little washed out, but it does say "happy valentine's day." I used the small heart punch and wrote "to my" and attached it to the trinket key, to give the meaning of "key to my heart."


Here's hoping the recipient of this card understands the meaning... I find the card loses it's impact if you have to explain what they mean (lol). Well, guess it's time to start moving things... first to go, my crafting stuff! :) Don't forget to pop over to Charissa's blog, Snippet by Design, to see how this photo has inspired her!

Supplies used:
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black, Whisper White
Tools: Hearts Framelits, Small Heart Punch, Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch
Accessories: Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder, Baker's Twine, Trinket Keys (ret), Tulle Ribbon (ret), Striped Grosgrain Ribbon (ret), Rhinestones

No comments:

Post a Comment