Monday, February 25, 2013

Dynamic Duos & Retro Sketches: With Sympathy

Good morning! I hope you had a great weekend! I sure did :) By now you had read all about my spa Saturday (lol) and Sunday was pretty great too! I visited with my mom and we played cards and drank tea (extremely reminiscent of the "old days") then Matt and I went to visit his sister Michelle (my best friend) and her boyfriend, Steven for dinner. They cooked us enchiladas!! So spicy and delicious! Prior to eating the main course, we tried the Colombian fruit granadilla. It is a very sweet fruit and very tasty! Steven figures you can get about a dozen of these in Colombia for about $1... and here, they are $2.50 each!! Along with trying this new Colombian fruit, Michelle and Steven also prepared us a type of lemonade made with a hybrid of mandarin orange and lemons... sooo yummy!! Here's a picture of the inside of the granadilla:


Anyhow, on with the challenges! Today, I chose to play along with Dynamic Duos and Retro Sketches:


This week, in honour of Retro Sketches 52 challenge, the challenge was to use any previous sketch of your choice... I chose to use sketch #1:


My vision for this card came together in an instant. Pool party and island indigo are two of my absolute favourite colours and I will be so sad to see them retire in a few months :(. I immediately thought of upsy-daisy and the two-colour shadow stamping technique. Here's how the card turned out:

It's a keeper! I think these are the perfect soothing colours & stamp set for a sympathy card. Here's a close up of the shadowing technique:


Thanks for looking!

Supplies used:
Stamp sets: Upsy Daisy (ret), Petite Pairs
Paper: Island Indigo, Comfort Cafe DSP, Summer Smooches DSP, In Colour Paper Stacks
Ink: Island Indigo, Pool Party
Accessories: Baker's Twine

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had an awesome weekend celebrating your 5th anniversary!
    That piece of fruit looks... interesting :)
    Love this card! Everything is pieced together so nicely and you can't go wrong with that colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shadow stamping! Thanks for joining us as Dynamic Duos! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful! love that stampin up stamp set! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not real sure that the fruit looks particularly appetizing...but your card is gorgeous!!! I love the two colors on the stamp. And the pennants are a perfect touch! Thanks for joining us at retrosketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfection! That shadowing is fabulous. I'm going to miss Pool Party, can I start protesting now?!? Thanks for playing with the Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card - love how you've used that image with both blues, and the strips of patterned paper looks fab! Thanks for playing along with Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete