Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Just Add Ink: Get Well Soon

Hello there! Just a quick post before I'm off to bed... I had a great night out with my mom & sister. We went to see a play at the local theatre called "Privilege." It was a very touching story about coming together as a family in tough times (that's what I got out of it anyways :)). And, we had sushi! Yum! I wanted to play along with Just Add Ink, a colour challenge this week, because I absolutely LOVE these colours:

I don't have any "get well soon" cards in my collection yet, so I seized this opportunity to make one:


I find this colour combo so soothing :) This was my first chance to use the Tea for Two DSP from the spring mini... and I think it will be making a regular appearance on my crafting table from now on, it's so pretty! Plus, it makes all the more reason to use calypso coral (since the paper has tons of that lovely colour in it, not realted to this post) :) hehe Anywho, about the card... I like the simplicity of it! And the blue dahlia is a nice accent in the centre of the focal point:


I had actually intended on using this sketch for our KCRR challenge (posting on Friday), but Just Add Ink used the same colours I had in mind, so I figured, hey why not! Now to make a new sketch for the KCRR challenge :) 

Thanks for checking today!

Supplies used:
Stamps: Mixed Bunch, Delightful Dozen
Ink: Midnight Muse, So Saffron
Paper: Midnight Muse, So Saffron, Whisper White, Tea for Two DSP
Tools: Scallop Border Punch, Blossoms Punch
Accessories: Grosgrain Ribbon (ret), Dahlia

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card Karly. I love that big blossom and yummy Dahlia centre. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Karly. I just played with that same paper this week, and it is beautiful, isn't it? I like the placement of the sentiment, and the use of the Midnight Muse dahlia in the centre of your gorgeous flower. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete