Monday, February 18, 2013

Mojo Monday & The Paper Players: Hello Baby

Well, I survived Monday :) It was really hard to drag my weekend-hangover butt out of bed this morning, but the day went by quickly once I finally got over the Monday blues :) I had a great weekend! The homemade Chinese food smorg was a hit! I made sweet and sour pork, almond chicken, ginger elk (my boyfriend is an avid hunter), garlic shrimp and broccoli and plain ol' rice. Needless to say, everyone left in a happy food-coma and we had minimal leftovers! Woot woot!


Now onto the challenges for this week! I wanted to play along with Mojo Monday and the Paper Players. They worked so nicely together this week as the Mojo was a sketch (as always) and the Paper Players was a theme this week:


I went to my go-to baby colours, for gender non-specific cards: so saffron, basic grey, and pear pizzazz (sadly, retired). I adore the finished product:


Umm... cute! Need I say more? lol I used a green sharpie from my newly acquired Costco pack of sharpies to colour the little pearl in the center of the flower. Paper snips provide a cute accent on the ear of the elephant:


Thanks for stopping by today! :) I made another version of the Mojo Sketch for tomorrow as well... check back to see how it turned out!

Supplies used:
Stamps: Patterned Occasions (SAB), Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: So Saffron, Pear Pizzazz (ret), In Colour Stacks (ret), Howlstooth & Scarringbone (ret), Whisper White
Ink: Basic Grey
Tools: Nestabilities Circles, 1-3/4" Punch, Polka Dot Embossing Folder, Crop-a-Dile (ret), Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Word Window Punch
Accessories: Button (ret), Linen Thread, Green Sharpie, Dimensionals

8 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card, Karly! The colors are perfect, and the patterns all work well together. Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card! Love that elephant - you have inspired me to use that cute little guy for a baby card as well! And great colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so need to make a baby card!! This is just perfect! Very nicely done. :)
    Jessica from www.rememberj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness this is darling! It's my favorite of your Mojo cards & I've pinned it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute, Karly! I love the whimsical design and the fab color combo. The little pearl is the perfect finishing touch. Thanks so much for playing along with my challenge this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely adorable, Karly! It's a great mix of colors and textures! I love the button with the linen thread and tag. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete