Friday, February 1, 2013

KCRR #3: An Experiment

Hello! :) Happy Friday! (finally) hopefully today zooms right by... Time for another instalment of:


This week, the randomly selected elements were chevron pattern & scallop circle. I immediately thought about using the Howlstooth & Scarringbone DSP from the holiday mini, but then I remembered that the new scoring borders plate came in my most recent shipment of goodies! I deceided to give it a try in this kid's birthday card:


The scoring borders plate will definitely take some practice!! It turned out half decent, and to my surprise, quite evenly spaced (lol, not like I tried or anything...) My original plan was to just have the red & peach parfait paper, with no balloons... but when I put the card together, I realized that it really needed something else. I think the balloons work perfectly here! Oh, when I thought I was done the card, I showed it around to everyone excitedly, and my sister, in her infinite wisdom (anyone who knows my sister would laugh and laugh hehe) said, it needs sparkle! Thus, the addition of the rhinestones! Not that a little bling every hurt my feelings :)


Thanks for looking and be sure to check back again next Friday for another addition of KCRR! Pop over to Charissa's blog, Snippets by Design, to see what se created with this week's elements!

Supplies used:
Stamps: Patterned Party, Word Play
Paper: Whisper White, Peach Parfait (ret), Micheal's Red, Big Top Birthday DSP (ret)
Ink: Tangerine Tango
Tools: Borders Plate, 1-3/4" Circle Punch, Scallop Nestabilities
Accessories: Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Rhinestones, Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment