Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Playing Along with Mojo (Take 2) & Muse

Hello there! As promised yesterday, I played along with Mojo Monday again, but combined it with a new-to-me challenge, Muse! I love Mojo Monday, and combining it with a inspiration challenge works great! Here is the Mojo sketch again and the Muse for this week:



Upon initially looking at the Muse photo, I just loved the colours! I immediately thought of the Howlstooth & Scarringbone DSP (from the Holiday Mini and intended for Halloween, but really is quite versatile... really wishing I got another pack of it!) and the tangerine tango chevron paper in the pack. I wanted to encorporate some of the other colours in the Muse as well and chose daffodil delight, pool party and island indigo. Here's what I came up with:


I also wanted to play into all the different patterns in the Muse card, so the WIDE variety of designer paper that Stampin' Up offers was the perfect tool. I think Stampin' Up did a phenomenal job with their designer paper in the current catalogue and I can't wait to see what they come out with in June (but I will be for sure stocking up on my favourites!!). The cupcake from Patterned Party (Sale-a-Bration) works perfectly with this card!


Thanks for looking! Which Mojo card do you like better?

Supplies used:
Stamps: Patterned Occasions (SAB)
Paper: Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight, Summer Smooches DSP, Sycamore Street DSP (SAB), Howlstooth & Scarringbone DSP (ret), Whisper White
Ink: Island Indigo
Tools: Nestabilities Circles, 1-3/4" Circle Punch, Vine Street Embossing Folder (SAB)
Accessories: Ribbon & Buttons Pack (SAB)

11 comments:

  1. Hmm... hard to choose which one I like better! I definitely love the colours and little elephant in the last one, but the different patterns in this one is great too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous take on the Muse challenge and sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the challenge! I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would never have thought the MUSE card & Mojo sketch could be combined, but you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super fab use of colour and pattern and a wonderful take on the Muse inspiration.
    Thanks so much for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the perfect way to use the MUSE inspiration this week and the Mojo Sketch works so well! Beautiful card, love all the texture and pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super fun combination of patterns and the circles overlapping look fantastic! Great job combining challenges Karly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card, you have such great vision :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all your colours, patterns and textures , especially that chevron paper!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you took the Muse's patterns and put them into the Mojo Monday sketch! So inspired! :)

    Lauren
    http://landersoncraftydesigns.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete