Saturday, February 16, 2013

Inspired By... #5: Sunset after a Storm

Good day! Today is shopping Saturday! A day to spend going around browsing and shopping with my mom! Never a bad way to spend the day... and later, I'm going to fire up the old wok and cook up some delicious Chinese dishes! Yum! Now, it's time for another Inspired By... Challenge! This week was my pick, a beautiful sunset after a crazy storm:


This was taken at Matt's parents, and I just love the way the trees look black against the bright, bright sky. Here's how this photo inspired me:


I used daffodil delight, so saffron & regal rose to sponge on the colours to recreate the sunset in the photo. I like the stark contrast of the staz-on trees :) The simplicity of this card is really quite beautiful too. There are no accessories, just colour! I wanted the panels to be the main focus, and for nothing to take away from them.


Make sure to pop over to Charissa's blog, Snippets by Design, to see how this photo inspired her!

Supplies used:
Stamps: Lovely as a Tree, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Very Vanilla
Ink: Daffodil Delight, So Saffron, Regal Rose, Stazon Jet Black

No comments:

Post a Comment