Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Rest of the Mother's Day Cards

Hello there! I hope Monday wasn't too bad to you, my day zoomed right by! Here's a quick post to showcase the other two cards I made for various mothers this past Mother's Day. The first card was for my mother-in-law which I CASE'd from Charissa Laarman (see her original post here). I love the way it turned out!


As you can see, I CASE'd the layout, technique and paper feathers from Charissa. I LOVE the paper feathers. I punched out an extra large oval and a large oval, then trimmed them into a general feather shape (it doesn't have to be perfect). Then I made a rough crease running down the center of each feather (I didn't want the harsh line of the scoring board). Then I made tiny paper snips down both sides of each feather. They turned out so great!


Next, Michelle asked me to make a card for her "forever mom", who likes to enjoy a nice glass of wine. So, I whipped out my 1-3/4" circle punch and a brand new pack of vellum and made this wine glass punch art:

Then I added a 1-1/4" circle of raspberry ripple (the perfect red wine colour, no?) inside the glass.... as you can see, the raspberry ripple is tipsy (much like I would be after a few glasses of wine *lol*)... that was unintentional... Regardless, she loved the card!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies used:

Card 1:
Stamps: Memorable Moments, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Loved Ones (ret)
Paper: Island Indigo, Calypso Coral, Basic Grey, Very Vanilla, In Colour Stacks
Ink: Island Indigo, Calypso Coral
Tools: Labels Framelits
Accessories: Seam Binding Ribbon, Pearls

Card 2:
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Crumb Cake, Raspberry Ripple, Summer Starfruit, Vellum
Ink: Raspberry Ripple
Tools: 1-3/4" Circle Punch, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, Scallop Edge Punch, Word Window
Accessories: Stitched Satin Ribbon, Rhinestones  

No comments:

Post a Comment