Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Monochromatic #2

Happy Wednesday! It feels great to be back at the blog after a three day break :) Today I decided to play along with Dynamic Duos and The Paper Players:


Last week, I posted a monochromatic card for the Mojo Monday card challenge, so I found it rather amusing when I saw the dynamic duos challenge this week, the same colours (lol). Here's the card I made using these two challenges:


I must say, I really like this colour combo! So soothing, and perfect for a sympathy card. I used the Spice Cake DSP from Stampin' Up!'s clearance section. And that striped grosgrain ribbon is retired :( (I was so sad when it retired, but super happy when a bunch of colours came on clearance a while back)


Thanks for looking! :)

Supplies used:
Stamps: Thoughts & Prayers, Love & Sympathy
Ink: Soft Suede
Paper: Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Spice Cake (ret)
Tools: Itty Bitty Punch Pack, Labels Framelits
Accessories: Striped Grosgrain ribbon (ret), Pearls


5 comments:

  1. What a pretty sympathy card! Great choice of patterned paper to go with that image! Thanks for playing along with Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a aweet sympathy card, Karly. I love the flowers with the pearl centers. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - these colours do work really well for a sympathy card. Love the little flowers you've added to the tree - looks so pretty! Thanks for playing along with Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, so pretty....especially with that wonderful Spice Cake DP..so sad when that retired! Thanks so much for playing with my sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, Karly! I really like the pearl detail you added to the little tree. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos AND the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete