Tuesday, January 22, 2013

MOJO 277: Treasured Friend

Hello there! I hope you survived blue monday yesterday, supposedly the most depressing Monday of the year... There was nothing depressing about this week's Mojo Monday sketch!


Oh boy! What, oh what, will I make with this sketch? I love the sketch and found it to be a challenge. I made this card last night, but didn't post it because I wasn't sure I actually liked the card! (lol) When I saw it this morning tho, I realized that there is nothing wrong with this card, and I actually did like it: here we go... the Mojo colour explosion....


Taa-daa! What do you think? Too much? I bought the World Treasures stamp set a while ago and hadn't had a chance to use it yet. I really loved the peacock, but realized after yesterday, that using that little guy can be a tedious endeavour! He is a lot of work... I stamped him in pool party and trimmed... then added some colour using tangerine tango and rich razzleberry markers. I was also smitten with the international bazaar paper when I first saw it, but haven't found a good place to use it yet... I thought it was fitting here! And it goes so well with the fancy fan embossing folder. In trying to keep true to the sketch, I added three little black brads at the bottom of the peacock.


What do you think of this card? Thanks for looking!

Supplies used:
Stamps: World Treasures
 Paper: Pool Party, Very Vanilla, International Bazaar DSP
Tools: Corner Punch
Accessories: Ruffled Ribbon, Fancy Fan Embossing Folder, Brads (Micheals), Dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. Creative interpretation of the sketch! I love that peacock and it goes so well with the International Bazaar DSP!

    ReplyDelete