Friday, January 18, 2013

KCRR #1 - Our New Exciting Challenge

Good morning! Or should I say, GREAT morning? I think great :)

Today my stampin' pal Charissa Laarman and I are debuting our very own challenge! ...drum roll please....


Yay! This challenge was inspired by Naki & Nina's double dare challenge, where each person would pick off the top of their heads a card-making element, and they would create a card using those elements. Charissa and I wanted to make ours different, so we came up with a long list of 225 items, then we used random.org to randomly generate two numbers off the list. This is the initial list, of course, the list will expand and contract as Stampin' Up! introduces new items and as items retire, etc. 

This week, the randomly selected items were the jewelry tag punch & the square lattice embossing folder. Here is my creation using these two elements: 


It is the middle of winter here, but we have been having unusually warm weather, which has me thinking about spring! ...and daffodil delight :) such a cheery colour! This card has a lot of elements, based on an older Mojo Monday sketch but I really like how they all work together to create a non-traditional wedding card. Oh - adding the pearls on to the safety pin was my mom's idea... so clever!


Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoyed the debut to our challenge! Pop over to Charissa's blog to see what she has created with these two elements :)

Supplies used:
Stamps: Love & Laughter, Tiny Tags
Paper: Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, 2012-2013 In Colours Paper Stacks, Brights Paper Stacks, Howlstooth & Scarringbone DSP
Ink: Basic Grey
Tools: Hearts Framelits, Scallop Border Punch, Jewelry Punch, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack
Accessories: Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Striped Satin Ribbon, Pearls, Safety Pin, Dimensionals


1 comment:

  1. Great card! Love the vibrant colours! And nice touch with the pearls on the safety pin :) I think our first card challenge was a success! Looking forward to more :D

    ReplyDelete