Monday, January 14, 2013

3x3 - Possibly the Cutest Size!

Happy Monday! I hope you had an excellent weekend :) My weekend was great! I had a birthday last week and the celebrations continued into Sunday. With three birthday dinners and one lunch, I think it is best if I don't eat out for a while! :) Here is a snapshot of my little sister and I on my 24th birthday and of Beefy trying to share the ice-cream cake:


Another exciting thing this weekend - my best friend Michelle (who also happens to be my boyfriend's sister) and her boyfriend arrived home from an exciting trip to Colombia! They were gone for three weeks over Christmas and New Years and it is so great to have them back. Not to mention that they brought a lot of exciting loot back from their travels with them :) Here are two of my favourite things they brought back: a beautiful bag/purse (don't you love the colours!?) and a fabulous poncho scarf called a chalina which can be tied over 50 different ways! I absolutley love both the gifts and am so grateful to have such thoughful people in my life.



That's enough about me... let's take a look at one of the cutest, in my opinion, card sizes: 3x3! This first set I made for a craft fair back in December, but my mom loved them so much that she snapped them up even before the craft fair started! Aren't they adorable?


I made another set for Michelle to take to Colombia with her (I know Christmas is over, but I really wanted to show these because I absolutely love them). Also adorable!


Michelle brought quite a few of my papercrafts to Colombia with her and I was delighted to hear that the recipients of my cards loved them! One person even went as far as to clear everything off their mantle and display my card as their centerpiece. How awesome is that? :)

Thanks for looking! Check back later tonight for another post :)

Supplies used:
Stamps: Easy Events, Short & Sweet, Jolliest Time of the Year (ret)
Paper: Raspberry Ripple, Gumball Green, Whisper White, Be of Good Cheer DSP, Michael's DSP
Ink: Basic Grey, Raspberry Ripple, Old Olive, Real Red, Early Espresso
Tools: 1-3/4" Scallop Circle Punch, 1-1/2" Circle Punch, Word Window Punch, Sizzex Tags Die, Diagonal Score Plate
Accessories: Blender Pen, Primrose Petals Marker, Raspberry Ripple Marker, Gumball Green Marker, Basic Pearls, 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon, Sponge, Polka Dots Embossing Folder

1 comment:

  1. Great gifts from Columbia! That scarf looks so cozy and it's pink - bonus! :) I agree with you on the 3x3 cards - they are such a cute size! Gotta make some of these sometime soon! Love those pink ones you made :)

    ReplyDelete