Friday, July 19, 2013

Inspired By... A Ladybug!

Happy Friday! Last night, Matt and I got all dressed up and went to see Les Miserables at our local playhouse. It was fantastic!!! I can't say how impressed I am by all the talent (mostly local to our city) displayed on that stage last night. The show was a musical (so everybody sang the whole time) and it was accompanied by our local symphony orchestra. I had to constantly remind myself that the music was live - it sounded like a sound track! I can't wait for the next production!! :)

Now onto the challenge! It is time for a new Inspired By... and I wanted to take a crack at the Retrosketch this week as well:


This week's pic was mine, and I chose a picture from my recent walk in the desert: a ladybug hanging out on a pretty flower:


From the pic, I took the green, the purple and the concept of bugs :) Here's what I came up with:


I finally found the opportunity to use the super cute Close to My Heart stamp set, Bugs & Hugs... and is it ever cute!! I like how the card turned out. Plus, with this sentiment, the card could be used as a baby card or a birthday card :) Here's a close-up of the details:


Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to hop over to Charissa's blog to see how this photo inspired her! :)

Supplies used:
Stamps: Bugs & Hugs (CTMH)
Paper: Wisteria Wonder, Lucky Limeade (ret), Primrose Petals, Crumb Cake, Whisper White
Ink: Primrose Petals
Tools: Delicate Doilies, Boho Blossoms Punch (ret), Bird Builder Punch
Accessories: Spice Cake Button (ret), Dahlia, Stitched Satin Ribbon

1 comment:

  1. Cute card, I like the bugs!! So happy you gave the sketch a try!

    ReplyDelete