Thursday, July 25, 2013

A Snowy Thursday...

Hello there! Welcome back :) It has been a very busy, very HOT week here (the title of my blog post is probably a bit confusing now, but it'll make sense later). Matt went back to work today :( but he had an extra day off due to a flight scheduling error! Woot woot! We had an excellent weekend fishing and we spent the first part of the week bumming around various lakes & rivers around town in the heat. Unfortunately, this weekend is supposed to be super rainy and cold! Bummer! Maybe it will be a good weekend to hang out at home and catch up on crafting and cleaning (I say that all the time, maybe this weekend I'll actually do one of those things! *lol*). Anyways... onto the challenge! It is time for a new KCRR and I wanted to play along with Retro Sketches:



This week's selections for KCRR were:

Button Buddies
Bashful Blue

Hmmm... my original plan was to make a baby card... but then I changed my plan and went with... dun dun dun! A snowy Christmas card:



I like the way it turned out! I added a bit of glitter to highlight the "snow" mounds. The snowman is just so stinkin' cute :) well, that's all for me for tonight. Don't forget to pop over to Charissa's blog, Snippets by Design, to see how she put these elements together!

Supplies used:
Stamps: Button Buddies, Short & Sweet (ret)
Paper: Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Midnight Muse, Print Poetry DSP (ret), Tangerine Tango
Ink: Marina Mist (intended on using Bashful Blue, but that didn't pan out *lol*), Midnight Muse, Basic Grey
Tools: Circles Nestabilities, Frames Embossing Folder
Accessories: Grosgrain Ribbon (ret)

1 comment:

  1. Great take on the sketch - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/07/52-card-pickup-230.html

    ReplyDelete