Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Inspired By...

Hello there! Well today is the last day of my work week, and it is just zooming by! Soon I will be on the road for a nice, long 12 hour drive to see my mom! :) yay! Before I head out, I have a few posts for you :) The first is a new Inspired By... challenge!


This week was my pick and I chose a bright, colourful make-up/fashion pallette:


Well, I really like the colours in this picture (that's why I chose it *lol*). I ended up using the colours from the top left square and came up with this card:


Now, this is definitely not my favourite card by a long shot... but it is ok and will serve its intended purpose. This was one of those cards where I just had to keep adding things because I was not satisfied with the look. It started with the embossed background and when that wasn't enough, shimmer spritz was added and when that wasn't enough, rhinestones were added and finally, when that wasn't enough either, the butterfiles came along.... then I decided to stop the madness. After all that, I decided the card is not terrible :) *lol*


I put to use this most recent sketch from Pals Paper Arts:


I was too late to enter the challenge, but I like the sketch none-the-less! Don't forget to pop over to Charissa's blog, Snippets by Design, to see how this photo inspired her! And also a reminder that we will be taking a three week break from both Inspired By... and KCRR as Charissa and I will be on holidays for the rest of the month! :)

Supplies used:
Stamps: Really Good Greetings
Paper: Raspberry Ripple, Wisteria Wonder, Regal Rose (ret), Flirtatious DSP (ret)
Tools: Elegant Butterfly Punch, Bitty Butterfly Punch, Owl Builder Punch, Corner Rounder (CTMH), Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder
Accessories: Stiched Satin Ribbon, Rhinestones, Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment